This small but perfectly formed example of the work of Father Willis was built in 1888 for University College School in Hampstead, London and subsequently moved to the nearby Bickersteth Memorial Hall. It was discovered there in 1950 by John Ince, the then director of music at Ipswich School, and moved to Groton Parish church. The move was carried out by Henry Willis and Sons, Ltd who also renovated and modernised the instrument. Generous financial assistance was provided by friends of the church both here and in America.
Although it features a modest stop list, the organ is tonally very flexible. The church guide describes the organ as well suited to the church and goes on to say “... and possesses, in its Cornopean, a Willis ‘vintage’ reed of exceptional tonal quality”
|# of uploads with organ:||0|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||0|
|Popular Uploads:||Could not find any uploads using this organ.|