The Imperial Cathedral in Königslutter (Germany) is one of the most important romanesque buildings in Germany. It was founded in 1135 by Emperor Lothar III as a Benedictine abbey church and burial church for himself and his family. After Lothar's death, the cathedral was completed under Henry the Lion. It is a cruciform basilica of enormous dimensions for that period, measuring about 75 m long and 18 m high.
At the end of the 19th century an extensive restoration of the church was decided. This also included a new painting of the interior of the church, as the medieval church painting had been painted over with yellow paint. The artistic paintings from this restauration are today considered an important document of the end of the 19th century.
|# of uploads with organ:||201|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||13|
Toccata & Fuga in d-Moll/Dur (Op. 59) (Popup Player)
Evensong, HWC 183, No. 2 (Popup Player)