|Producer:||Augustine's Virtual Organs|
The cathedral of Esztergom is the largest church in Hungary.
The first Franciscan church of Esztergom was built in 1200, but it was destroyed in the invasion of the Mongols. The current church and a Franciscan monastery was built between 1710-1755. It is the oldest baroque building of Esztergom.
The original organ of the church was built in the 1720s, the builder is unknown. This organ was expanded by Jan Pažický in 1778. The organ was sold to Pusztaszabolcs parish in 1941. This organ was recently renovated and is now Hungary's most beautiful small two-manual baroque organ.
The new three-manual 30-stops organ built by the Rieger-Budapest organ factory in 1941. The organ was designed by Joseph Geyer, who was the most famous organ specialist at the time. The Geyer's disposition combines characteristics of the baroque and romantic age, so the organ is suitable for playing the organ works of each style. The Franciscans never had the money to renovate the organ. Thus, the state organ is not in the best condition, but it has retained its original status.
|# of uploads with organ:||29|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||4|
Dorian Toccata BWV 538 (Popup Player)