Subscribe to our mailing list to get news, specials and updates:     Name: Email:

Forum >> Topic

Login To Reply

Touchscreen for Mac Pro


Does anyone have experience with pairing a touchscreen to a Mac Pro? Or what brand have you used? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
by orgelboy16
Apr 8, 2020 11:35 PM

Replies (6)

RE: Touchscreen for Mac Pro

Hi,
I have no problems with ViewSonic TD2421 - Monitor 24" Full HD (my computer is a MacBook Pro from 2015).I’m also using drivers from https://www.touch-base.com
by Joaquin
Apr 11, 2020 03:27 AM

RE: Touchscreen for Mac Pro

Joaquin wrote:

Hi,
I have no problems with ViewSonic TD2421 - Monitor 24" Full HD (my computer is a MacBook Pro from 2015).I’m also using drivers from https://www.touch-base.com

Thank you for your input. I have been looking at the TD2221. But I wasn’t sure if it’d work with the Mac Pro. I saw conflicting statements somewhere which made me second guess. But if you use your MacBook Pro then I should be ok!

by orgelboy16
Apr 11, 2020 03:31 AM

RE: Touchscreen for Mac Pro

I use two 22 inch iiyama T2236MSC-B2AG touch screens and they have proved to be excellent. iiyama were very helpful via prompt email correspondence when I was trying to fix on the best monitor to choose. The drivers come from Touch-Base and their support and backup is also top-notch.

The drivers and screens work flawlessly with my current set up of Mac Mini running Catalina 10.15.4 and HW5, but were equally reliable on my last MacPro system on earlier OS and HW4. Links below ot iiyama and Touch-Base. I have no connections with either company by the way, other than as a satisfied customer!

https://www.iiyama-monitors.co.uk
https://www.touch-base.com
by Graham
Apr 12, 2020 01:01 PM

RE: Touchscreen for Mac Pro

Joaquin wrote:

Hi,
I have no problems with ViewSonic TD2421 - Monitor 24" Full HD (my computer is a MacBook Pro from 2015).I’m also using drivers from https://www.touch-base.com

I found a listing on eBay and emailed the seller just to make sure. They said the touchscreen compatibility of it is not for Mac. Which is quite annoying to me. But it was the TD2220. I know there are 2210,2220,2230. So I guess I may do more research. Since I’ll be mounting the monitor on the side of my console to touch the screen for stops and couplers and such.

by orgelboy16
Apr 12, 2020 01:51 PM

RE: Touchscreen for Mac Pro

orgelboy16 wrote:

Does anyone have experience with pairing a touchscreen to a Mac Pro? Or what brand have you used? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have had very bad experience with an older tycotouch monitor. I have tried multiple drivers and none have worked. The viewsonic monitor was sold with a touch screen add on. There's nothing wrong with the montor, but the touch screen overlay has never worked despite sending it back to tycotouch for analysis. They've never been able to get a driver that works.

by terryfarrow1
Apr 12, 2020 06:21 PM

RE: Touchscreen for Mac Pro

orgelboy16 wrote:

I found a listing on eBay and emailed the seller just to make sure. They said the touchscreen compatibility of it is not for Mac. Which is quite annoying to me. But it was the TD2220. I know there are 2210,2220,2230. So I guess I may do more research. Since I’ll be mounting the monitor on the side of my console to touch the screen for stops and couplers and such.

Hi, I'm not an expert and I don't know the reason why there are people with problems. The only thing I can say is that it works fine for me. Before the TD2421 I acquired the TD2220-2 and, using the touch-base drivers, it also was working fine. In the future I want to use both screens, one on the left and the other one on the right, but I can not confirm you if it will work.

Regards

by Joaquin
Apr 13, 2020 03:26 PM

Displaying 6 of 6                 Page: